CMPS 463 - Computer Graphics
of programming for computer graphics. Covers
interactive graphics, animation, color and three-dimensional modeling.
To cover the principles of computer graphics
programming: introducing OpenGl and Java3D and covering fundamental graphics
algorithms. To introduce the ideas and current practices of state of the art
techniques. To familiarize the students with the concepts and terminology used
in graphics packages and to experiment with a Ray Tracer.
2D graphics algorithms.
Curves and Surfaces.
Lighting and Color.
Introduction to advanced topics.
1. 3D model development using MORAY: An example object might be a pinecone (Student Projects)
2. Scene Development using POVRAY: A scene with a minimum of 4 objects with different geometries and textures needs to be developed (Student Projects).
3. Development of a graphics library: It should contain basic algorithms for line and circle drawing, clipping filling and 3D transformations. The implementation language will be C++.
4. Morphing: Develop a program that will morph (transform) an objects shape into another. You will be given 2 pictures (for example a flower and a face). You need to develop a program that will gradually transform one object into another in a smooth series of frames.
5. Artificial life animation: Simulate the movement of a group of similar objects or the growth of living organism like a flower.